Alastair cook who played most test matches for England will retire after this weeks final test which will be played against team India.
Born on December 25, 1984 in Gloucester, United Kingdom Cook is the most capped player of England and has captained the team in 59 Test matches and 69 One Day internationals(ODIs).
Here are some facts about Alaistair Cook:
- Cook played most test matches for England
- He made his test debut with a century against India in 2006
- Cook is 16th Englishman to score a Test century debut
- Music over- Cook is keen musician. he play piano and saxophone pretty well
- He has a Test bowling average of seven
- Cook confessed that he was scared of Snakes
- Only Englishman to score 7 centuries 1000 runs in maiden year
- He have most runs for England
- He played longest test innings for England of 836 minutes
- England’s most capped test captain
- First captain to score five centuries in the first five Test matches
- 12254 runs in Test Matches
Twitter flooded with tweets as the news came out of his retirement. Here are some tweets from some famous sports persons.